Thursday, August 29, 2013

First Two Days

The first day was a long day. I was very tired from school and very thirsty. I need to bring water bottles tomorrow. I met Fred and Matt. I have two HTs and only need one. I need to handle that. It is messed up. Fred seems great. He is probably more awkward than me, which is good and bad. We have an air conditioning. I will be teaching Geometry 10 and Algebra 9. Fred has a bunch of sections of each. Then we had the department meeting which was slow. I met Krischelle and Rahlf. I arrived at 7:30 and Rahlf arrived at 10:30, so there's that! We are going to be redeveloping the curriculum for Algebra 9 to make it common core ready. That is exciting but scary. After I got home Emily and I rested for a while. Then We had dinner. Then we had a big fight :-(. That sucked

The second day felt a lot longer. I was definitely more awake though. I swear I was told the breakfast started at 7 AM. Apparently I was the only one, no one showed up until almost 7:30. Then the talk actually started at 8. I had shitty melon for breakfast. The meeting was pretty entertaining. The principal had a recurring sketch where he and another teacher played what I'm saying and what I'm thinking, respectively. Most of the actual meeting was spent discussing administrative things. None of which apply. But it was revealed that we had a 14 point declination in scores! No word yet on what departments are responsible. It is troubling because our rivals had 14 point bumps! The principal is losing sleep over it. After that meeting we had a curriculum meeting. That was good. I talked a lot. Most of this was about the ability of students to recognize patterns. I am not sure if anyone besides Krischelle knew what I was talking about :-(. Anyway after that we ran around campus trying to find people we couldn't find. Then Fred and I had a really good talk. Then I had a big stupid new teacher meeting which answered none of my questions. Until the meting ended and I finally got some stuff straightened out. No internet still. I hope that I will be able to access it with the information Matt gave me. Rahlf was gone by the time we got to Matt's room, even though Matt was still there . . .. Then home and dinner with Emily.

Oh I was asked to develop the curriculum for fractions operations. I have seven questions to show off tomorrow! Now I am procrastinating from writing the actual plans. I feel a little lost. Oh well, bed soon! This weekend is going to be good sleeping!

Love,
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment